Honey Jelly is so versatile you can pair it with just about any kind of food. Of course, on top of toast
and biscuits is a no-brainer. But it is equally good as a desert topping, in fruit salad,
with baked brie, as a glaze for grilled salmon. The possibilities are endless.
We have heard from so many customers who have decided to experiment
with Honey Jelly in their kitchens that we have decided to include their recipes along with our own.
If you have a recipe that you have concocted and want to share with us,
please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pan-Fried Feta with Berry Jalapeño Honey Jelly
- 1/4 cup Berry Jalapeno Honey Jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 (10-12 ounce) block feta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 5 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- pita chips or pita bread, for serving
- 1. Stir together Honey Jelly and Thyme until the jelly is loose and pourable..
2. To make the feta. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl. Add the Panko to a separate shallow bowl. Dip the feta through the egg, turning to coat, remove and allow any excess to drip off. Dredge the feta through the Panko, turning to coat and pressing gently to adhere.
3. Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the lemon zest and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute until fried. Remove from the skillet and set aside. To the same skillet add the feta and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer the feta to a serving plate.
4. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, basil, and a pinch of salt.
5. Serve the feta warm, drizzled with honey and topped with fried lemon, thyme, and tomatoes. Enjoy with pita chips or bread.
Chocolate Pecan Cake
Bake your favorite Chocolate cake
Let it cool 15 – 20 minutes. while the cake is cooling, mix 1/4 cup of water with 1/2 jar (4 ounces) of Pecan Honey Jelly. Put the mixture into a small pan and bring to a boil,
with a knife pierce the top of the cake
Pour the boiling honey jelly mixture all over the top surface of the cake letting it soak in. Put a holiday stencil on top of the cake and sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Serve with ice cream on the side
Pecan Honey Jelly
In addition to using Pecan Honey Jelly over toast, biscuits, english muffins, etc. it can be stirred (or warmed slightly) to break the gel structure and then poured over ice cream or cheese cake. Top slices of pound cake with ice cream and pour Pecan Honey Jelly over the top.
Tequila-Glazed Chicken with Berry Jalapeño Honey Jelly
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) cut-up (best of fryer) chicken
- 1/3 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup gold or silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Honey Jelly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, coarsely ground in spice mill or mortar with pestle
- 1 3/4 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Sprinkle mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on baking sheet; cover and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Combine orange juice, tequila, brown sugar, jalapeño honey jelly, and shallot in small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Add 1 more jalapeño if more heat is desired. Cool glaze. Transfer 3 tablespoons glaze to small bowl and set aside for serving.
Spray grill with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Arrange chicken, skin side up, on grill. Grill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush chicken with glaze in saucepan. Turn chicken over; brush with glaze. Grill until juices run clear when pierced with fork or until instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken registers 170°F, turning and brushing occasionally with glaze, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer to platter. Spoon reserved glaze over.
Baked Brie with Raspberry Honey Jelly
1/4 wheel of brie
4 tablespoons of Raspberry Honey Jelly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Stir Honey Jelly until it has a loose consistency.
3. Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey jelly. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt.
4. Serve with crackers or pita wedges